Marketing & Communications Executive
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of communications that progress the organisation’s profile as the thought leader on business events in Australia.
To be successful for this diverse opportunity, you will have demonstrated expertise in the delivery of marketing and events strategies. Your natural strengths combine quality written and verbal communication skills along with a proven understanding of media relations. You have strong stakeholder engagement experience and thrive in a small team environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Promote consistent messaging among AACB members and the industry, defining the business events sector and its benefits.
- Establish and maintain a communications structure for internal transfer of information to all member convention bureau staff.
- Promote key messages around the value of business events to target audience.
- Distribute positive media stories to business events and mainstream media.
Further promote AACB’s reputation as the authority on Business Events.
- Promote the role of Bureaux to key stakeholders.
- Maintain AACB website as the central platform to best communicate key messages to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain AACB database of internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain e-news to assist in the distribution of key messages and AACB success stories.
- Create and maintain a digital media kit for the target audience highlighting key facts about the industry.
- Adhere to AACB’s style guide.
Internal and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Assist in the coordination of AACB events including the annual conference.
- Communicate and share content from AACB events.
- Coordinate annual scholarship and awards programs.
- Member communications as required including the use of social media and online collaboration tools where applicable.
CEO Support & Administration
- Manage administrative services provided to the CEO effectively.
- Assist in the coordination of documents for the Board.
- Coordinate Board events including quarterly meetings and the AGM.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications with a Marketing/Communications degree or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Marketing/Communications roles.
- Proven ability to deliver creative and measurable solutions, suggesting new ideas, projects or approaches.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in writing, editing and proofreading.
- Sound presentation and design skills for the production of publications and multimedia materials.
- Experience in website maintenance (updating content for websites) and social media communications.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver work to a high standard with tight deadlines.
- A team player – comfortable operating in a small team environment
ABOUT THE AACB
The Association of Australian Convention Bureaux is the peak business events network driving economic prosperity for Australia. Its strategic goals include:
- Raise industry profile
- Stakeholder engagement
AACB brings together 16 influential city and regional bureaux dedicated to marketing their specific region as a premier business events destination to domestic and international markets. AACB leads the business events industry by identifying and addressing issues and opportunities for industry recognition and growth. AACB and its members represent more than 1700 operators across the business events spectrum.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS EVENTS INDUSTRY
In 2014, Deloitte described the business events sector as “a high-value, fast-growing component of the visitor economy”.
The Value of Business Events to Australia by Ernst & Young, highlighted that over 37 million people attended more than 412,000 business events across Australia in 2013-14. These business events directly generated $28 billion in direct expenditure and 180,000 direct jobs.
Please provide a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you want to represent the business events sector, along with an updated resume.
Closing Date: 11.59pm, Sunday 6 November 2016